Feeding the famished family

Friday, June 8, 2007

Ants on a Log

Remember these from childhood? They're really easy! I've created a new label and will try to add to the "super snacks" often, because I know sometimes great snack ideas elude me! I will try to add to this category often. This is one of my favorites. It's fun, it's easy, it's fairly healthy (OK, the peanut butter is questionable, but all things considered I'd say it's not too bad).

So completely simple that my 2 year old Bugs helped me make them. Simply wash celery and cut into 3-4" pieces, fill the crevices with peanut butter (or whatever nut butter you have on hand), and top with ants, I mean raisins. In this picture Bugs is topping the "logs" for me.

And for Roo, since she is too young for peanut butter, I give her whole raisins when we have ants on a log. And some graham crackers to go with them. Yum!

No comments: